guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Alternative parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

postal service.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malllywoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: postal service.
    Posted: 14 May 2021 at 20:42
Well ive been waiting since May 1st to receive a ignition amplifier from TLM in holland, I think I could have walked and swam the North Sea both ways and still have been back a week and bike fixed. Express delivery UPS useless. 
just had to say that.
Gizzmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizzmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 21:28
I ordered a screen from TLM on 3 May, received it on 6 May
Was your item in stock ?
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 08:26
Have you tracked it? Ought to be there in 2 days max 
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
motomike1400 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motomike1400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 09:17
Yes, definitely try to track it.
I had a suspension part from the USA sent by UPS. It arrived in the UK within 5 days but than sat in a warehouse at Heathrow for weeks. UPS didn't bother to inform me, there was a small import charge to pay. It was up to me to chase it, pay the duty, and arrange delivery.
I know this was a USA delivery...but it does show that UPS aren't always the most efficient carrier.
V7 Classic. 1800 Touring Goldwing. Honda Africa Twin 1000. Kawa Z900RS Cafe. SWM300RS. Folding moped thingy.
Though these may change🤔
Now thinking less is more🤔
Glawster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glawster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 09:21
I placed an order with Non Solo Moto Guzzi on 19th March.  No delivery and no further information, despite repeated requests.  I'm pursuing a refund of €97 with Paypal.
Just a warning in case you're considering using this supplier.

1970 Guzzi V7 Ambassador
1955 Guzzi Falcone Sport
2021 BMW R1250R
1998 Cagiva Gran Canyon
malllywoods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malllywoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 09:30
Apparently my CDI has been sitting in Stanford Le Hope where ever that is for nine days, must say pretty aggravated because I want to have a ride out on the Guzzi. UPS have given me four dates to stay in and wait but never turned up.

Edited by malllywoods - 15 May 2021 at 09:33
George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 09:58
Stanford le Hope is in south Essex 
George

1994 Nevada
1962 Lightweight ducati Bevel Single
Son's 1990 1000S to borrow any time
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 10:19
The joys of the Brexit agreement unfortunately.

Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Guzzi1000SE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzzi1000SE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 10:21

I know it’s not ideal and not what you paid for but would it be worth going and fetching it yourself or asking another courier to pick it up for you from UPS? Both of which I have done before with other couriers and then put complaints in against the original courier.

c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 10:22
Have just had a poor experience with UPS with a parcel sat at my local depot(6 days) because they claimed the address/name did not correspond to their paperwork. Their tracking system is not very accurate either but I ended up ringing them only to have my name and address confirmed but they were now saying a delivery had failed. They promised to reschedule a delivery for the following day but instead I got a phone call to tell me the parcel had been sent back to the sender. To cut a long story short the parcel was declared `abandoned` at the senders local depot for exactly the same reasons it had not been delivered to me. I got an Ebay refund but the seller was left well and truly out of pocket as the parcel was later declared lost and was not insured.
The morale is if the tracking says its sitting more than 48 hours at a depot then there is a problem and there will be a danger of the parcel `disappearing`Ouch

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 10:51
The control board in my mini lathe failed a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately it's a US model running on 110 volts so couldn't just change the board - and they're an eye watering price. There's a bloke in America who fixes them for $50 so I thought I'd give him a try.

Long story short I used Interparcel to send the board to him. Although it's taken 2 weeks the tracking was very comprehensive and it's now been delivered. £16 seems a fair price. I hope it comes back soon as the pile of bits needing the lathe is mounting......
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 11:09
Recently I needed some expert work done on a pair of 1947 Sunbeam S7 forks .The only bloke who does this job is down on the Surrey/Hampshire border. Having had several bad experiences with carriers in the past and given that the forks are irreplaceable I elected to deliver then collect the forks myself. Happily, the two return journeys were good opportunities to ride the aged V7 Special in glorious sunshine,and ensure the safe transit of the forks. Win,win
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 13:17
The only time I have used Amazon Prime (free trial) the parcel "dissapeared" in the local depot. Their tracking showed it had been checked in there.
Try getting a refund out of Amazon, you have to be very persistent.
Didn't continue with Prime needless to say.

Someone got a cheap Lithium jump start battery no doubt.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
nickst4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickst4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 14:41
Not bike-related, but an order for two large bird-feeders at £20 each via Amazon was fulfilled quickly but what arrived was no less than six of them! Being basically honourable (well, that's my story!), I contacted the supplier with a view to returning £80-worth of stuff, but it threw them into such a muddle as regards the order number and delivery address, neither of which they could trace, that I've given up on returning them. Occasionally, you come out ahead of the game! Big smile

Nick
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 15:32
Trick is do your research the cheapest is not always the best, some countries have best like Germany DHL to /from US FedEx ..... and so on 
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic