guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Loop Frames
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nice clean Eldorado.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 15:33
Can't load page now though.
I'll get their soon
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 15:47
It's been withdrawn again.
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 22:37
[URL= ][/URL]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-ELDORADO/224342369758?hash=item343bd8e5de:g:XSoAAOSwuB1gHwh2

Here we are again! And he's listing three Le Mans amongst many other things.

Guzzi1000SE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzzi1000SE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 22:47
I have already seen and reported them earlier today.  Surly Ebay should have a system that picks up when someone advertises over 1100 items within a few minutes. Angry  
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 22:59
It's weird, not one of the tens of items I looked at had a single bid. Why bother?

Guzzi1000SE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzzi1000SE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 00:00
They usually use compromised accounts and from what I’ve heard, every so often someone falls for the scam thinking they are getting a bargain and these scum make a lot of money. Angry 

What I don’t understand, is why Ebay don’t do anything about these adds, as they don’t make any money from fraudulent adds. Confused

Doc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 15:06
I guess they just can't keep up with them.
As soon as they remove them, they're back with a different account.

Best thing we can do is 'educate' other members on how to spot them.
Ken listed most of the tell-tale signs, there's also the fact that all the 1300+ items have the same end date, and that there's only ever one, maybe two photos of each item, which have been 'lifted' off the 'net.

Doc out!

Stelvio/V85 Owners Group on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/888995181188209/?fref=nf
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 17:31
Originally posted by Dave P. Dave P. wrote:

It's weird, not one of the tens of items I looked at had a single bid. Why bother?

All it takes is one person to contact via email and send a deposit (or more) and the scam has worked. 

If you are bored get in touch - the story (abroad/ working on oil rigs/ in military/ deceased relative) can be entertaining and the time you waste of theirs they aren't using with someone gullible!
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
Doc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 22:55
Yeah, I've done that a few times, good fun.

Doc out!

Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 08:53
Looks like they hack into someone else's account Then bombard it ALL the pictures are from different places. I guess e-bay can't "see" them once a few have been reported looks like E-Bay do remove the lot. 

But as you say they only need 1-2 mugs and they get away with a few grand. These scum are everywhere. Yesterday we both got e-mails looking like they were from The P.O to the effect they could not deliver a package and to reschedule click it costs £3.00.

The P.O. does NOT charge to reschedule any package. We are in a village ALL my couriers and PO know where the safe place to leave packages is.

I posted it on local Community page, seems the scum had bombarded the Village with these e-mails all to scam some folk.

Whilst on lockdown must have had 3-4 scam e-mails and a few phone calls, all on land line, that hardly ever rings, the calls followed the same theme my router had been compromised with a virus ... an Asian accent called themselves with very English names .... they must scam enough folk to make it pay!
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 09:41
The list goes on.
Phone calls -
A big transaction on your Amazon account.
Your washing machine warranty has run out.
Your broadband connection is about to be closed.
Microsoft telling me my computer has a problem.
Etc.

But my distant relation in Nigeria hasn't been in touch recently, hope he/she is OK. LOL
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Doc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 12:10
The safest thing is to just suspect everything.
What makes my blood boil, is that these (phone and email) scams almost always target the old and/or vulnerable.

They are one of the lowest types of scum on the Planet . . . Angry
Doc out!

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 12:20
But it can be great fun playing along with them.
Lik the washing machine warranty, I had prepped my wife. She kept him on the phone for over 5 minutes, asking exactly which machine he was talking about.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
AdrianW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 16:25
Yes, I've had the "Microsoft" crew...
Last time it was an Asian girl telling me I had a problem with my VPN .. I am a retired IT Pro, I don't need VPN...
After about 5 minutes she got quite shirty and said "I don't believe you were an IT Pro"
I replied "and I don't believe you are from Microsoft" and put the 'phone down..

The latest ones on the landline always start with a pause before anything happens . Then you get a very English voice on a variety of subjects , usually energy saving or similar eco stuff.. Again it's fun to waste their time if you can be bothered but I usually press the button when I hear the pause..
If you use 1471 it's always a number that's too long to be a bona fide line, so it's IP generated and auto dialling random landline ranges..  Could be anywhere on the planet, bl**dy modern technology !!

Cheers,
Adrian
Bristol UK
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 17:23
Is a VPN a Visual Pants Naughty?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic