guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Technical services
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Norge knowledge please...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 21:38
Do you actually know what the problem was that they found with the bike? Waiting for clutch parts is the only clue.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Marshall the Martian View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marshall the Martian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 20:11
Late today I sent this message, late because I work in a phone unfriendly establishment. No acknowledgment as yet. Fingers crossed for a positive reply.

Hi, how's the Norge?  Could  I ask a few questions... what exactly is wrong with it? Will the work  done have a  warranty. Are we talking two weeks or a month...Saturday was the first time I had heard about any problem. Also  I realize it's late in the day but it's the first chance I've had to text. Many thanks Marsh
2015 V7 II Special in go faster red
Loopian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loopian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 21:00
Yes let’s hope they come back quickly and are easy to communicate with.
Good Luck Ian
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marshall the Martian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 20:29
No news of note today, I sent an email which said virtually what my message said. I then received an apology from Richard the sales guy. Saying he's been off work but back tomorrow and will answer all my questions then.

I hope so I really do. Many thanks for your encouraging words. I don't normally deal with things like this very well as I'm very black and white about things. As I'm quite along way along the autistic spectrum. So thanks once again.
Best regards Marshall

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 21:11
If the guy has been off work, then fair enough, give him a day or so to find out what's happening.
He may well be just as much in the dark as you.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marshall the Martian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 19:41
Brian I believe you are right. Today's development is...

Hi Marsh 
I have spoken to the workshop manager all parts bar 1 have arrived, basically the clutch was noisy so we didn't want to deliver like that, but also didn't expect the timescale of parts, the issue we have is getting the bits in from abroad with all this brexit palaver. I honestly can't at thus time give you the timescale I wish I could, it could be next week but could be a month or more. Obviously we stand on our work and the last thing we want Is for you to end up with issues once the bike arrives. Hope this answers your questions to a degree.
Really sorry Marsh
Rich

I replied...
Ok rich thanks for that. I will chill and like the dead fish, go with the flow. I will for the next few weeks leave you be, thank fook you say. Hopefully I will hear from you soonish. Cheers n regards Marsh
Then Rich said...

Hi Marsh 
Sorry for all this and you are top of the list once the part arrives, I wish I could give you better news but out of my hands im afraid. Thank you for your understanding.
Stay safe
Rich

I feel I'm doing the right thing, chilling about it all. I love the bike and hopefully this little saga will have a happy ending.
All will be revealed, but not for a while.
Thanks once again all, trust me you have helped me to not spit my dummy out. 😄

Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marshall the Martian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 19:44
borderer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 19:51
I would ask them to do the swing arm bearings while the engine /gearbox is out
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marshall the Martian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 09:38
Well the Saga continues...

Hi Richard... Well it's been 6 weeks since I last sent you a text and 3 months since I put a deposit on the guzzi. What's the latest.

(Rich) Hi Marsh I will speak to the boss this morning and come back to you buddy.

[12:30, 24/03/2021] Marshall: Many thanks
[18:21, 24/03/2021] Marshall: No news?

(Rich) Really sorry Marsh my mistake I spoke to him earlier today and got run off my feet and totally forgot to come back to you. All the bits have arrived but typically they need a special tool for the clutch which we have ordered and he was chasing up its delivery but did not come back to me, I will set a reminder on my phone and speak to him 1st thing for you. Really sorry my mistake

[19:37, 24/03/2021] Marsh Ok thanks
[12:50, 25/03/2021] Marsh Hi, I will probably regret asking but any news?

Hi Marsh i have just spoken to both my general manager and the workshop manager, we are trying to chase up delivery of the tool needed for the clutch, i have explained the situation and Steve my manager has said if we can not complete the bike and have it at your door within the next 2 weeks we simply refund your deposit. I am really sorry about all this Marsh brexit and lockdown have done us no favours on bits for Italian bikes.

Ok rich, that's a shame I'm guted. I have invested quite a bit in this bike already service kit n stuff which admitadly I will probably be able to sell via the guzzi forums. Can't see it being here in 2 weeks. But let's see hopefully I'm wrong. Thanks anyway.

(Rich) I really hope so Marsh i wish we could find 1 but have spoken to dealers etc to see if we can borrow 1 but no luck, lets keep our fingers crossed.

So thats it bang upto date. Like I said I'm really gutted. I have all sorts of thoughts in my head. I so wanted and still do want that bike.

Your thoughts please...
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 10:06
These are not Guzzi dealers I am guessing as they don't have "special" tools but a good mechanic could do the clutch without, I have and it is quite easy, which leads me to believe the "noisy" clutch could just be the dry clutch rattle , Could be they have done all this for nothing, by the way clutch centering tool Gutsibits next day BUT they could take off the gearbox cog and use that 
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marshall the Martian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 14:40
Hi Ken, many thanks for that. I kinda feel the same way. Gutsi bits are on back order.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 15:12
let them know they can use gearbox cog to centre clutch i have a centering tool if it is standard Guzzi 2 plate clutch 
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 16:14
i suspected that as well Ken, My Norge is certainly not quite at standstill
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 16:20
Be a shame if it is just not knowing the bike ..... you would think they would look at online manuals or even call a Guzzi dealer must have cost them a few 100 quid 

Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marshall the Martian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 14:29

Hi apologies for the lack of updates to this thread... Four months to the day I texted them asking any news. To my utter amazement the reply came back saying its done! They are now waiting on some software download to clear the service codes? One week later I get an email telling me the bike has completed their prep and was ready for delivery…

As you can imagine I was rather pleased and a couple of days later it was delivered. Hooray you all say, unfortunately not quite. As is rolled of the van I was immediately drawn to the fact it was filthy! Even the driver commented on how dirty it was. I was not impressed. On further inspection we found the following

Loose fairing panels x3

Indicator lens hanging off  

Two bare wires coming from the battery

Two bare wires leading to the clutch lever

Right hand switches loose

Also no written record of what had been done to it regarding the ‘work’

At this point I really didn’t want the bike

I regained my composure and thought ok most jobs are an easy fix so I foolishly took delivery. But felt that they were extracting the urine! The next day I asked them for the name of the person who deals with complaints they said that they would pass my details on to the relevant person and they would be in touch. The next day I repeated the above as no call came. The next day I repeated the above as no one had called. Fourth time of asking, finally a gentleman saying he was one of the managers of the company called me. He was very apologetic, saying he would give me £50 for a valet. I mentioned that I was going to have the bike inspected because I feel I cannot trust it (or them). To which he replied let him know how it gets on.

I thought I would wait until May to get it on the road as it was only a couple of days away. As I write this I’m awaiting an email back from a company that hopefully can tell me if the bike is fit for purpose or not.

In hind sight I wish I hadn’t seen the bike, or wasn’t ultra-patient about waiting for it. They did offer me my deposit back at one point, but I said no I want the bike.

Obviously, the saga continues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic