guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

clutch washing and white spirit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clutch washing and white spirit
    Posted: 27 May 2020 at 16:15
I read the thread on white spirit to clean the clutch crud out but where is the drain hole that needs blocking up? I presume its in the bell housing?
theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 16:24
Between the engine and the bell housing. Its pretty small so it is
Cheers 
Min
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 16:26
Little slot right underneath just behind the sump.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 17:30
Thanks, I was looking for something more obvious. I'll give it a go
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 14:42
Just been out on the 1000SP, After doing the white spirit remedy.  Although the clutch cable was in good condition, I fitted a new one anyway, the result being that the bike is now much more usable, the 0-60 time reducing from 1.5 seconds to 10 seconds.  Much easier in traffic!
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 08:30
This was something printed in an old Gambalunga Eric Richards was in America met a travelling Preacher on an older i with over 200k miles the chap told of this clutch cleaning method .... I tried it deffo works. Then on swapping a clutch you see just how much dust is in there clogging the outer splines, I have found a clutch dragging or slipping is more often caused by this than the wear on the plates ....
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
alanw View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 09:42
Ive just followed the instructionS from the previous thread and what a difference!  My T3 has had an on/off clutch for the past 10 years and its even more a pleasure to ride now. This is the best bike forum around by far, polite,interesting and full of useful information. Thanks everyone.
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 11:04
That's is exactly what Brian was aiming for when he created it -and he succeeded Clap
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 13:03
I think this forum is total proof that over regulation is counter-productive.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 13:18
I rarely if ever, have any useful info to impart and am surprised, but grateful that I haven’t been booted off!  Superb forum, so thank you, Brian, and everyone on here👍
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 13:58
As Mr Churchill said, "they also serve who stand and wait"
theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 08:49
It wouldn't be oily like this but the quantity of debris could be....

Cheers
Min
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 18:31
Yes, another successful bit of info from this great forum. I only did one wash of the clutch yesterday as it was such a quiet day and when i killed the engine, it gave such a backfire that I decided not to be antisocial and repeat as recommended. Went for a bimble and the difference is already noticeable. I thought the on/off action was because of what I think is the rattling release bearing being on its way out. Thanks for the info. I am interested what others use to bung the drain slot though.
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 18:49
I used a dollop of bluetack!
ranton_rambler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranton_rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 19:27
Same here! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic