guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evening all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Older Gentleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evening all
    Posted: 21 May 2020 at 19:28
Back in the Guzzi fold. SW London, got a Le Mans Mark Two and a V50II, three Siamese cats, lots of wine, 10 other bikes and a penchant for good food.
Lots and lots of bikes.
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 19:37
You had me at "lots of wine". Hello and welcome! 
Guzzi1000SE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzzi1000SE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 19:47
Hello and welcome to the forum. You wet our appetite with the two Guzzi's never mind with the wine and good food.

At least tell what the other 10 bikes are?   
The Older Gentleman View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Older Gentleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 21:16
1983 Suzuki GP100E (alloy wheeled disc brake model), 1979 Honda CB125T (full power model), 2019 Yamaha N-Max 125, 1980 Honda CD200 Benly, 1976 Honda CB400 Four, 2011 Yamaha 660 Ténéré, 1983 Kawasaki GPz750, 2015 Kawasaki H2 Ninja, 2011 BMW K1600GTL.
Lots and lots of bikes.
AdrianW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 08:43
Welcome to the Forum from a fellow small-block owner (V35II)...

Last time I stocked up on wine I bought some that was marked as discontinued that we like.. I was told by Management that it had to go in the garage..  As if there was any room there..

10 other bikes ?? Apart from my Guzzi I have only managed half that number !!

Cheers,
Adrian
Bristol UK
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Older Gentleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 09:24
Ah. No, these are bikes I own at the moment. Lifetime tally is A Bit Silly.

I'm trying to get one of those nifty A3 full-colour wiring diagrams for the V50 right now - I see a senior member here is producing them but isn't repying to PMs (yet).

Got a problem with the electrics. Bike has been totally restored, to an amazing standard, bu there's a problem with the tail light. Apply the brakes and the filaments glow only faintly, as does the green 'headlight on' light on the dash. Turning on the lights produces nothing at the back. Turn on the lights when braking and the brake filaments go out entirely.

I'm assuming a bad earth, and I suspect that whoever applied the paint and powder coat failed to ensure a good earth point (or more than one). But I'dwelcome any suggestions and/or a nod in the direction of a good auto electrician in ornear London who could fix it.

Oh, this is the Le Mans, by the way. I've just added an as-new powder coaed rear carrier.

Lots and lots of bikes.
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 09:38
Lovely looking bike
The wiring diagrams are now only available on the MGCUK website

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 09:47
Those rear light symptoms sound suspiciously like those which I once encountered, and which turned out to be caused by a broken terminal on the (front, in my case) brake light switch. Fractured it was, so sort of a circuit now, and now... sort of not. Good luck! 

Oh and a thumbs-up, a BIG thumbs-up, for the A3 diagrams, but yes, the chap who produces them now only makes them available through limited venues - which no longer includes this forum. Not entirely sure whether you need to be an MGCGB member to take advantage.

Correction: you DO have to be an MGCGB member, be logged in to the MGCGB forum, and then you're able to access the 'Members Services' section > A3 COLOUR LAMINATED WIRING DIAGRAMS (pinned topic).
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Older Gentleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 09:49
Did those symptoms include the tail light filaments not working? Because there is definitely an interplay between the tail and brake light filaments. I'll check the switch, anyway. Thanks for the wiring diagram heads-up. I'll order one now.
Lots and lots of bikes.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:00
Have you looked at the "free" online wiring diagram for the V50?
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:02
Originally posted by The Older Gentleman The Older Gentleman wrote:

Did those symptoms include the tail light filaments not working?

Apologies. Can't remember precisely. I do remember it being a head-scratcher though. Bad earth always a likelihood, of course, but just as likely a broken/partial connection somewhere. Which includes, obviously, the connection of the bulbs to their housings ):  - sincerely, good luck.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:05
I would always look for a bad earth, especially if powder coating is in evidence.
But you can check by using a length of wire, connect one end to the battery negative, the other to the tail light earth  side and see if it then works.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Older Gentleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:10
Oh, brilliant. Thanks. That's for the V50, not the V50II, but I doubt there's much difference.

I see there's a link from the front brake light switch to the rear brake light switch. Hmmmm... Red lines are live and black are earth, aren't they> I can see the earth marked on the tail light assy. Hmm again.
Lots and lots of bikes.
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Older Gentleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:11
Yes, was planning to do that.
Lots and lots of bikes.
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Older Gentleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:12
Checked the bulbs and housings. Seem fine and I doubt both would be faulty. Thanks.
Lots and lots of bikes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic