guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Oil
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BREVA 750 OIL QUERY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 14:48
The best advice re oil is Opie oils they give you correct oils ad with Guzziriders extra 10% discount delivered to your door saves all the faffing and to be fair I found Dealers were not always correct re oil and they sure do charge there was "oilman" thread
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
MichaelH View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 15:07
Thanks KenThumbs Up I will check Opie Oils out, I'm all for a little discount.

MichaelH
High Wycombe
Bucks
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 15:08
MichaelH View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MichaelH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 17:10
Got it, thanks Barry.
MichaelH
High Wycombe
Bucks
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 18:07
used them fr yrs top advice and prices are very reasonable especially when they have sales on delivered to your door they do oil change kits for cars inc oil filter often easy to do i did our Rav 4 and Rover 25 yesterday often easy access ...the secret to longevity for cars and bikes is regular oil changes ....I tend to swap the filter every other oil change As many filters are good for 20k+ miles in cars air cooled bikes tend to take more out of an oil but the bikes that run on semi or fully synth oils it will perform longet the older 70's guzzis actually need the older less additive 20/50 oils which is real cheap so regular oil changes are fairly easy, ok drop the sump every other one the UFI filter has been tested and is good for well over 20 k miles so every 12k is often once every year ...or 2 ..... if you do short under 50 ml journeys change oila bit more often , on big blocks they take 3 - 3.5 litres many cars only take 4 litres and are up to 2-3 litre engines .....it is the most cost effective mtce one can do 

The Older i Get, The Better I Was
MichaelH View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 18:12
Hi Ken, agree with you there. I change the oil in my bikes every year. I tend to do the filters and crush washers too. 
MichaelH
High Wycombe
Bucks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic