guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > CARC models
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possible fueling issue?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 10:27
Hi All. Finally found the diagnostic plug. At first glance I thought it was plugged into the end of the fuse box then noticed the cap. Eureka moment. Will get the obd kit on order now. Thanks for all the help. Took a photo to put on here but site says it too big. 
Doc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 13:14
Get the Cable set from Lonelec.
Guaranteed to work, and no more expensive than anywhere else.
http://www.lonelec.co.uk/Motorbike-OBD-Diagnostic-Cables/Guzzidiag-Melcodiag-Ducatidiag-Hardware/Guzzidiag-Melcodiag-3pin-Interface-Cable
Doc out!

Stelvio/V85 Owners Group on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/888995181188209/?fref=nf
cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 03:42
That's the one I have ordered from lonelec Doc. Saw one on the bay cheaper but went for lonelec. 
cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 22:48
Diagnostic cables came today from lonelec. Nipping over to twiggers tomorrow to get stuff for service, plugs, filters gaskets etc then when I have a clear weekend will do the service and connect the diagnostic kit up. 
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 10:52
Although not really much help my 07 1200 Sport starts easily and tickover is at 1100 rpm. The bike does "chuff" when coming back down the rev range to tickover but it has a GPR end can on it. Not been out on it for a long run yet having recently revived it after being written off in what looked like a light crash on to grass.
One thing that does seem to have a great effect is the condition of the battery and its state of charge as there doesn`t appear to be any spare capacity in such a small battery.
My son in law, who has a track day CBR600 and a 916 Ducati thinks the Sport is a `wonderful` bike which I take as high praise indeed.

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 10:59
You are right in saying there is precious little reserve in the small batteries fitted these days. Just have to expect a shorter life as all batteries lose capacity over time, so if they start with no reserve, well they can't last as long.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Doc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 14:05
Originally posted by c13pep c13pep wrote:

. . . The bike does "chuff" when coming back down the rev range to tickover but it has a GPR end can on it . . .

Any 'misbehaviour' on a closed Throttle (popping/banging etc), is more-often-than-not leaky Exhaust Gaskets, very common on the Stelvio.

It can be 'tuned-out' though in the Mapping.
On the Map I have at the moment, I've adjusted it to cut the fuel completely on a closed throttle (first and second columns), above 2750rpm.

Zero popping/banging, and much stronger Engine braking, I rarely have to touch the rear Brake unless I'm really 'going for it'.

Edited by Doc. - 22 Feb 2020 at 14:22
Doc out!

cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 20:44
Well I decided to have a go at resetting the TPS today. Hooked it all up and launched guzzidiag, followed instructions and just got 8 blank boxes on the screen. Tapped the down arrow on all 8 boxes and got the same menu. Tapped throttle and the box under it said 3.2° but no option to reset. Do I have to go through the whole procedure, read,write, flash etc first to get to TPS.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 21:46
As I've said, I don't know Guzzidiag, but have a read of this, it might help.
Brian.

Doc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 08:20
You should be able to just do a reset, without having to do anything else.

Check you have the correct Bike model selected at the beginning, that's easy to miss.

Doc out!

cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 10:03
Do moto guzzi use the same abs system as others. I am assuming mine is non abs as there is no toothed disc around the centre of either wheel like on my pan. 
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 10:25
They use a Bosch system.
The pump unit would be under the seat just behind the tank, and there should be the extra discs with slots in them for the ABS pickup on each wheel.
Brian.

cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 11:35
Thanks Brian. Mine is a non ABS then. On a brighter note success at last with TPS. Managed to reset it using the diagnostic. It was 3.2° now 4.6° tried starting it and it made me jump when it fired up first press on the starter . Revs freely now from cold too. Got all the service bits yesterday so that will be next job. Thanks all for all your help and patience. 

Edited by cowboy - 23 Feb 2020 at 17:13
cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 15:25
Update. Took it out today for first time after doing the TPS reset. It's a different bike now. Vast improvement. Lovely ride. Have fell in love with it. It feels so light and nimble compared to the Pan. Don't get me wrong the Pan is a cracking ride too. Not as quick as the Pan but plenty fast enough. Still got a bit of popping on the overrun but I can live with that. Gives it a bit of character.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 18:11
Getting the throttles balanced if they are out, and resetting the TPS can make a world of difference.
Brian.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic