guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Side Stand problems on V7 Classic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
deltic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Side Stand problems on V7 Classic
    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 08:26
is the pivot hole worn as this will make the stand hit the centre stand 
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 21:45
I know that was the case on the Norge, but not sure on the V7 range.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 20:00
I seem to remember a problem where the US side stands were longer and held the bike out at a shallower angle? If a centre stand was fitted later they would clash and the side stand couldn't retract correctly. I can't remember if this was ever resolved because the European stands are shorter and hold a bike more upright.
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 16:43
First of all I have moved this to where it will be more easily seen.

Not at all sure, but does the US model have the same side stand as the European model?

I know on some of the larger bikes there are differences.

Certainly I have not heard anyone else reporting a problem so we need to find out why yours is doing it.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
davmarshall View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davmarshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 16:11
2/3/20

As a 10+yr owner of 2009 V7 Classic, I have experience a very dangerous and hazardous condition effecting my Moto Guzzi. The Side-Stand will come down while I am operating the motorcycle. This problem began shortly after purchasing my new 2009 V7, in Dec, '09. I had the side stand springs replace and the problem went away for about 18 months and then to return. . During the 10 year of ownership, I was nearly killed four times because the side stand, despite the replacement of the springs and labor (at my expanse) did not fix the problem. The side stand still descended while I am riding. Has anyone else experience this situation? Currently, I use a strap to secure the side stand while riding, I just don't trust that the fix will correct the problem.

Has anyone else experience this problem? Any suggestions? I have contacted Piaggio and they deny the problem. The Moto Guzzi dealer does not deny the problem.

David
davmarshall
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic