guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Monza bottom rails on V50ii

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ian T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monza bottom rails on V50ii
    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 09:28
Thanks Andrew really helpful and some great photos. Think I narrowed it down a bit. 

Talking to Nik of Niks Euro Bits last Saturday at Kempton and he seems to recall that the Monza bottom rails might not fit a Vii as the joining bits are different. He did say he wasn't quite sure. 

His suggestion was cut off brackets and re-weld further back on the rail. So toying with with both until I know for sure. Bummer bit is just had the bottom rails powdercoated. 

Cheers

Ian
andrewhush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewhush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 10:30
Some pics. Sorry about the quality, had to reduce them a lot to get them to load. Forgot to mention that the monza pegs fit through the drilled holes and are retained with a nut and washer.

Andrew

Edited by andrewhush - 05 Dec 2019 at 10:34
Ian T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 06:54
Cheers Andrew

Much appreciated. 

Ian
andrewhush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewhush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 14:10
I fitted monza pedals and rider footpegs to my v65gt. The pedals swap straight over into the same frame pivot tubes. To fit the footpegs you need to drill the small frame plate just as is done for a monza.

Hope this helps

Andrew
Ian T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 06:28
Cheers Chris

Found that one last night, I put three offers in highest being £65 of the £75 asked, all automatically refused. I don't know why they have an 'offer' button when clearly they won't accept one unless it is bang on the button. Sort of gets me does that. 

Still I will add the rails, pedals to my list of needed bits like the steering tube, again all offers automatically refused. Ha ha 

Thanks for the information. 

Cheers

Ian
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 20:04
I think it might be both but it certainly is the pedals which are a lot shorter, check out this listing. This guy is quite knowledgeable when it comes to V50 s
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V50-Monza-lower-frame-rails/202624120995?hash=item2f2d56b8a3:g:ms4AAOSwPXJciVtV

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

Ian T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 19:50
Originally posted by c13pep c13pep wrote:

The bottom rails are interchangeable but don`t forget that both gear change and brake linkages will have to be Monza

CHRIS

Chris

Is that the linkage or the linkage and pedals/levers?

Cheers

Ian
Ian T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 16:56
Ah so half good then. Thanks for the info. 

I'll have to start looking for the rails and the additional bits. Missed the rails on eBay a few months ago but was dithering about then. 

Just glad I've had all my bits powdercoated. Ha ha anyone wanna swap Tongue

Cheers

Ian
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 16:41
The bottom rails are interchangeable but don`t forget that both gear change and brake linkages will have to be Monza

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

Ian T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 13:47
Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere. 

Rather fancy the foot pegs a bit further back and I believe that the Monza ones would give me that. This is a bit 'Horse, Bolt, Gate, Shut' as I have just had me metal work all powdercoated. 

But - would the Monza bottom  rails just bolt onto my V50ii or would I have to get one of my three hammers out?

If it does is the rest just a straight swap over or would it also entail a bit of additional stuff. 

Cheers

Ian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic