guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1100 sport ie fuse blowing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1100 sport ie fuse blowing
    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 21:01
Hi guys, new to the form  and after a little help if possible. I have a v1100 sport 96 IE. Been sat for several years, came to fire her up and everytime i hit the kill switch to run it blows a fuse. It's fuse 2 it has a 15amp fuse in, however I can't seem to find a decent wiring diagram for this bike. Only the newer models. Also the fuel pump is permanently priming once the ignition is on. Any body know if this is how the pumps  run? I've had a quick check  of the relays and checked we earth's,  inregard to the fuse blowing.Cant see anything obvious.Any advise would be appreciated.
Richard Hyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Hyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 21:48
Normally on any fuel injection system , the pump will "prime" for a couple of seconds and then stop.
Only restarting when the engine is running.
Usually fed via a relay
So , you have a couple of potential areas of problems,
If the pump is running permanently then why is my first thought. Has the fuel pressure regulator stuck allowing all the fuel delivery to go straight back to the tank ?
I suppose you can disconnect the pump electrical connections and see if this saves the fuse from popping. 
Couple of thoughts
Wits View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 22:01
Google "!this old tractor".... some good wiring diagrams inc the 1100 sport IE
Have a look at spine frame and wiring diagram pages...

Not much help on the blowing fuse issue …..
BMW 1200RTLC carbon BLack SOLD….
Breva 1100 2005 in Black SOLD.....
St George's Telford Shropshire.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 22:20

I think this is the one you need.

But fuse 2 feeds the lighting.

Edited by Brian UK - 01 Dec 2019 at 22:24
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 22:31
Trouble is, on each variation of the 1100S, fuse 2 feeds different things. So it is important to ensure which diagram is correct.

and
Are the other 2 alternatives.
Brian.

Dan89 View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 08:00
Thanks for your help, as far as I work out it feeds main power relay. I'll take a look at the diagrams later this week, thanks again

c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 09:08
If its been sat for several years then potentially anything inside tank fuel pump, filters etc. could be bunged up. On most fuel injected bikes disconnecting return fuel line then switching ignition on to see if there is flow would be a way to go.

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 09:27
Bit confused by your original description. 
Been sat for several years, came to fire her up and everytime i hit the kill switch to run it blows a fuse. It's fuse 2 it has a 15amp fuse in
You mean when you turn on the ignition, nothing happens, but when you press the start button it blows a fuse?
Brian.

johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 17:45
Your fuel pump constant running is hopefully relay or bad connection but the worrying one is ECU . In the spine section there are a couple of posts about this topic
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 23:11
Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

Bit confused by your original description. 
Been sat for several years, came to fire her up and everytime i hit the kill switch to run it blows a fuse. It's fuse 2 it has a 15amp fuse in
You mean when you turn on the ignition, nothing happens, but when you press the start button it blows a fuse?

I interpreted it as, ignition on but when he switches the kill switch to "Run" – not trying to start it yet

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Richard Hyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Hyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 06:09
If you turn it on and then do nothing , does the fuse blow ?(Ok I know the pump is running)

If you then press the start button is that when the fuse blows when the starter solenoid is actuating the starter ?

Or 

If you turn it on and do nothing (Ok the pump is running) is fuse ok still? But the instant you flick the kill switch from OFF to RUN does there fuse blow then WITHOUT PRESSING THE START BUTTON ?
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 07:49
Well, until he comes back and clarifies things, there is little point in guessing.
Brian.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic