guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Singles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Falcone mystery’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Falcone mystery’s
    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 12:27
Been working on the beast for the first time, impressed with the engineering with 20Hp can’t see much failing if the oil pump is 100%. Only weak link the mag, just rebuilt mine ( can help if needed) now have a spark that jumps 16mm. 
           There are a number of odd things that someone may have an answer too.

Primary gear, some shaft wear as it has been oscillating on the shaft presumably as a shock absorber? As this engages with the clutch basket ie it can slip basically what’s its purpose? 

Mag does not sit in a machine register? But on a pack of shims, took a considerable time to be get the gear meshed central to hole and square to case. Any thoughts.

Dynamo again rotation affects gear mesh found that a small notch in cap dead vertical was best position? 

Advance curve, been trying to find best setting. Now believe modern fuel burns SLOWER that old leaded premium so advance greater? Most engines 4to 6 BTDC, Falcone does it run better one tooth back? is that 10 degrees? Advance only 15 degrees most engines 30plus does this act as a rev limiter? 

Started my mini overhaul as I had a leak by flywheel only to find a hole so case must be drained regularly 🤪

Regards Hengis
Don-Spada View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don-Spada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 23:11
I would suggest joining the Google Guzzi Singles group.  There is a lot of good knowledge about the bigger Guzzi singes on there.   
1978 Guzzi Spada
1965 Guzzi Stornello
Glawster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glawster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 09:48
Roger,
As Don says, better you join the Guzzi Singles Google group for this kind of info.  The guys on there are very knowledgeable.
1970 Guzzi V7 Ambassador
1955 Guzzi Falcone Sport
2021 BMW R1250R
1998 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Ratt View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 09:58
Yes thanks have discovered this however although registered can’t seem to post? May be as I’m using I phone not laptop which is defunct. Know if four owners in Gloucester area if there’s more out there be good to have contact? I’m discovering bits all the time and anomaly’s. Many fit anti wet sumping tap. Found a book that says the factory fitted one? Now believe the pressure relief valve is this? It’s apparent that the “pressure” side just feeds the crank which is roller bearings therefore real pressure not required. Can’t see a worn pump would make any difference. Scavenge side pumps oil to valve train I think so important. 

Regards Ratt
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 17:55
Hi Ratt,
Regarding oil pump, my Superalce return pumps out like a jet wash whereas the 1937 Model S just plops out much like an old brit single. Don't know if the military specified a higher spec. The SA has a non return valve fitted in the pump housing which cannot generally be trusted. I fitted a plumbing type 1/4 turn tap from screw fix in the oil line below the tank.

The google group can take some time as you have to be 'accepted' for want of a better word. As said, there are some genned up and helpful people on there.
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 19:44
Closed forums as they are called are all the rage apparently.
Faceaches way around the privacy issues.

I've been on one for nearly 10 years now.
Only recommended people were allowed and someone had to vouch for you.
We never have any bother.
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 20:04
There isn't much about the internet that `I understand but I think the Guzzi Google Group thing is just to see if you a robot maybe?
Ratt View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 11:09
Thanks for the info why a closed group can’t see Guzzi single riders would be an anarchist, perverted, revolutionary group. 

Very odd 🤪
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 12:05
Why closed? Because people come in and break things if they are open. People who have no knowledge of, interest in, or vested interest in the subject of the group, other than to disrupt it.

Sad, but very true.
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 19:46
Is the right answer.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 20:33
This isn't a closed group.

Maybe it's just the type you get on FaceBook.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic