guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1984 v65sp " CHOKE"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1984 v65sp " CHOKE"
    Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 22:37
Blimmey the choke plastic bit broke!!! Without that choke does not work , and bike will not start!!! Does anyone have a cunning idea of how to use the choke in another way! So simple little peace plastic!!! Wonder if I can dismantle it ?? I geuss the little plastic pushes. Down on to cables? Hmmmm
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 22:53
It's not a "choke", it's an enrichener.  You need to lift the plungers off the seat to get more fuel for starting. Somehow pull on the inner cable.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 09:50
You could perhaps pull the outer cables till they can rest on the adjusters. Haven't tried it myself but it might work.....

Shame these carbs don't have ticklers......
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 10:47
When you get around to a permanent fix, there are alloy (?) CNC? replacement levers available, if you'd rather not fit another 'nylon/plastic' one. Not cheap though - Ducati Paddy, I think I saw them at.

theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 19:29
If the carbs have accelerator pumps you could give the throttle a couple of quick twists so you could. Then press the button.
I may have a few half levers that would do the trick. Yes clever people, not the half's that have broken off.

Cheers
Min
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:44
They don't......
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 20:59
Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

Somehow pull on the inner cable.

Big pliers?

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 07:12
Is there a hole where the lever sits? Bit of wire?

The lever seems to be same as VHB's.  PM me your address and I'll post you a half one on Saturday so I will.
Or more radically you could order one from Gutsibits and you'll have one  inc p&ptomorrow for 20quid

https://www.gutsibits.co.uk/pr/TheShop/index.php?f=e&Shnew=&Model=8&ModelName=Le%2520Mans%25201000%25201000S&Cat=FUA&CatName=Fuel%2520and%2520Carburettors&spPage=7

Cheers
Min

Edited by theone&onlymin - 10 Sep 2019 at 07:39
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 07:44
You're aware Darren is in New Zealand?
Brian.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 09:42
No.

Maybe a few more days then...
There are a couple of guys I'm in contact with on Guzzitech.com who live down there....Fiat500 who lives in Richmond

Cheers
Min

Edited by theone&onlymin - 10 Sep 2019 at 18:22
Darren View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 22:51
Aha,, thanks I tried put photo of it on but its was too big to send!! Mine is just long aluminum tube with plastic leaver that pushes into tube and that pulls the in cable out!!? Can unscrew it but don't think could put the black one in your photo wood fit!!?? Tried the couple throttle then button try , no go! Hmm
Darren View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 23:11
Oh I meant can in screw the end but its a outside thread! Not sure I could screw a inside thread!? If that makes sense, I look gutsibits too!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 05:38

This is the one 

Cheers 
Min
Darren View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 08:25
Ha !! That's wat looks like!! And I found one on line as you said 20 dollar, !!! And have used pliers and atacted to inside pully bit and put wire around it and pull it out each time to start in morning!! Think it work till new bit arrive! Thanks for your help!!
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 08:34
Success!
Brian.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic