guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Out and About > Guzzisti go touring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France fines: any horror stories?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham FR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 18:30
Originally posted by Doc. Doc. wrote:

The 'Priority-to-the-right' thing was officially dropped years ago I believe, at least on major roads and in the larger towns.
Doesn't stop the older generation still doing it though!

Sorry - again ☹️

I think the rule is still valid everywhere in France, and still in the French equivalent of the Highway Code (Code de la route)

Article R415-5

Lorsque deux conducteurs abordent une intersection par des routes différentes, le conducteur venant par la gauche est tenu de céder le passage à l'autre conducteur, sauf dispositions différentes prévues au présent livre.

Le fait, pour tout conducteur, de ne pas respecter les règles de priorité fixées au présent article est puni de l'amende prévue pour les contraventions de la quatrième classe.

Tout conducteur coupable de cette infraction encourt également la peine complémentaire de suspension, pour une durée de trois ans au plus, du permis de conduire, cette suspension pouvant être limitée à la conduite en dehors de l'activité professionnelle.

Cette contravention donne lieu de plein droit à la réduction de quatre points du permis de conduire.

Google translation if you don’t read French 🤓

Doc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 01:42
    In practice, only rural areas will still be using it, as major Towns and Roads will have other signage.

If there are road markings, other signage or traffic lights in place then you can forget about priorité a droite and obey them.

In practice this means that priorité a droite mainly applies in rural areas, as cities and major roads tend to have their own signage and road markings.

Doc out!

Stelvio/V85 Owners Group on FB
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/888995181188209/?fref=nf
    Brian UK View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 07:51
    Can I remind you that Graham lives in France and so has rather more personal experience.

Priorité a droite will also apply on all slip roads where two join, even where it doesn't seem obvious. I was nearly caught out on one of those. I'm not referring to joining an autoroute.

I have even seen priorité a droite apply on a roundabout in a large town. That was unexpected.
    Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
    Graham FR View Drop Down
    Falcone
    Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham FR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:18
    Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

I have even seen priorité a droite apply on a roundabout in a large town. That was unexpected.

Could that be the Arc de Triomphe in Paris Brian ? You are a brave man attempting that in a U.K. plated vehicle 🤯 Notice there are no lane or other road markings or signs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2RCPpdmSVg

You may have experienced the miniature version in Alencon ?
    Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:27
    I managed to navigate round the Arc de Triomphe twice (because I couldn't get off the first time round!) in a RAF Sherpa mini bus. It is easier, I think, if you don't own the vehicle Wouldn't want to do it again now.
    Chris A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:41
    The priority rule on roundabouts is administered in towns by the local council...most went for the national change which meant that the priority was changed...but there are some communes that opted to keep the old priority system ...the ones I have seen always have a panel sowing clearly who has priority on  the up coming roundabout  .The old style roundabouts are pretty rare and as the limits of a commune are small you can get priority changes from one roundabout to another in some places....
    Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 14:24
    Another pointless argument! Shocked

What's up with this forum? You all got cabin fever and it's only December. What you going to be like in February LOL

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
    red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 17:56
    I ironed five shirts this afternoon and the steam's not working on me iron.

Should I phone Guzibits?
    Brian UK View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 18:12
    Originally posted by Graham FR Graham FR wrote:

You may have experienced the miniature version in Alencon ?

It was actually in St Jean Pied de Port in SW France. Took me by surprise, fortunately I saw the lines, or lack of, on the road. Saw no warning beforehand. The previous roundabout was normal.

It pays to keep on your toes in France.
    Brian.

Ben. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 19:57
    "Should I phone Guzibits?"
    Let me know if they come up with anything RL1, I run out of steam all the time. 
    red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 21:29
    Will do.
    sardineone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sardineone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 19:30
    Ok please don't cane me for getting a wee bit off the discussion.  I was in some truck driver license training at work many years back in Indiana, USA.  The instructor mentioned if you had any bad traffic citations you might not qualify for the CDL (new commercial driver's license).  A shy fellow in the back of the room gingerly raised his hand and said he had a ticket, but it was a good one.  When prodded to explain further, he finally told the group that he got a 145mph in a 55mph zone!!!  Turns out he was test riding a Yamaha V-Max when he was pinched.  I'm sure he had some good lawyer fees for that one!

George

One owner 86' Lemans 1000 (member of the family) / BMW R1200ST (current work horse)

You are what you have ridden!
    Brian UK View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 22:14
    It's not speed that kills (they did believe this when the first steam trains came in), it's the sudden stop from that speed that does the damage.
    Brian.

Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 19:56
    Oh yes, they thought your head would explode, or something? LOL

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
    Brian UK View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 20:05
    Or was it the chest would be crushed by theair pressure?
    Brian.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
      Share Topic