FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Silent Hektic Igntion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Punchy England View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punchy England Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silent Hektic Igntion
    Posted: 14 May 2019 at 19:38
thanks appreciated.
B
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:03
May be worth ringing Nigel at NBS he supplies and fits this system even an e-mail 
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punchy England Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 06:33
thanks big help

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 23:12
Do your coils have metal cases? If so just check the case is not connected to either terminal. If it is connected to one, that will be earth.

If not, then it won't make a huge difference which way you conect things, though it could cause spark erosion on the centre electrode on the plugs ver a long period if theoretically the wrong way round.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punchy England Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 17:52
Good day to all the electric experts.  I have fitted a Silent Hektic ignition system with two coils which I have mounted behind the side panel. I  have four leads for the coils. White and grey as a pair and  and White and Green as the second pair. 

The question is Which leads go to which terminals on the two coils or does it not matter?

The coil terminals are not marked +ve and -ve although there is a +ve sign on one side of the body of the coil but this is not near a terminal.

The wiring diagram shows the white going to both +ve terminals but I don't know which is the +ve terminal. 

Any wisdom out there please?

Regards
Barry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic